Applications mean applications for Scholarships awarded by the Scholarship Fund;
Recipient means a person awarded a Scholarship
Scholarship includes bursaries
Scholarship Fund means Parramatta Marist Old Boys’ Union Scholarship Fund Incorporated (ABN 39 739 941 600);
School means Parramatta Marist High School
Status of these Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions are to be read in conjunction with the application form and those set out in any letter of offer of a Scholarship.
- These terms and condition can only be varied by express written agreement.
- The satisfaction of eligibility requirements does not guarantee the award of a Scholarship;
- The Scholarship Fund is not obliged to award all Scholarships that may be available in a particular year;
- A scholarship may only be awarded to Australian citizens or permanent residents of Australia;
- Applications are not limited to students currently enrolled or have applied to enrol to attend Parramatta Marist High School;
- The Awarded Funds must be used to promote the Recipient’s education by providing funds to meet costs directly related the recipient’s education at Parramatta Marist High School. Such costs include school fees, textbooks, school uniforms, and school excursion costs.
- All costs directly related to the Recipient’s education in connection with a Scholarship are to be verified and supported by documentary evidence.
- Individual Scholarships may have additional selection criteria;
- For the Recipient to retain their Scholarship they must for the term of the Scholarship:
- remain enrolled at Parramatta Marist High School;
- adhere to the academic and administrative policies of the School;
- maintain their residency status and advise The Scholarship Fund within fourteen days if you change your residency status;
- where the awarded funds are to assist in meeting the costs charged by the School, such as school fees, the parents or guardian of the Recipient are to execute a direction to pay to the Scholarship Fund to pay such funds to the School;
- meet any additional criteria outlined in your letter of offer; and
- provide confirmation of the Recipient’s circumstances during the term of the scholarship if requested by The Scholarship Fund.
The Scholarship Fund may terminate your scholarship if the Recipient has:
- discontinued from the School or has inactive enrolment;
- failed to meet the eligibility requirements of the Scholarship;
- failed to meet the Scholarship’s terms and conditions;
- failed to maintain satisfactory academic progress;
- been suspended or excluded from school or your course of study;
- made an incorrect Scholarship application as determined by The Scholarship Fund at its sole discretion; and/or
- provided incorrect, false or misleading information or withheld relevant information on your scholarship application or after receiving a scholarship offer.
In accepting a scholarship from The Foundation you agree to WAIVE, RELEASE, AND DISCHARGE The Scholarship Fund, its officers, associates and partner organisations from any and all liability, including but not limited to, any liability arising from the negligence or fault of the entities or persons released, for death disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft, or actions of any kind which may occur to you during or after the Scholarship term, including during or after any travel undertaken as part of the Scholarship.
Keeping Your Contact Details Up-to-Date
- All correspondence during the application process will be sent to the applicant’s school’s postal address, residential address or primary email address submitted in the scholarship application form. It is the responsibility of the scholarship Applicant and Recipient and their parents or guardians to inform The Scholarship Fund of any changes to their email, postal or residential address.
- It is also the responsibility of the Recipient to inform The Scholarship Fund if they change their school enrolment status during
the course of their scholarship.