The Parramatta Marist Old Boys Union Scholarship Fund is fortunate to be able to offer a range of scholarships and bursaries for entry to Years 7 – 11 at Parramatta Marist High. Many of these awards have been established as a result of the generosity of alumni, parents and friends. The majority of Scholarships are awarded for entry into Year 7 although other entry levels are also available. A number of scholarships may be awarded in any year. Scholarship applications are open to both Australian citizens or permanent residents. In other words, applications are open to both current students of Parramatta Marist High and those aspiring to become a student at Parramatta Marist High at various entry levels.
Scholarships are for the purpose of assisting successful applicants during their time at Parramatta Marist High. Scholarships may be awarded on the basis of merit and/or equity.
The assessment of applications has two overriding considerations:
- the selection criteria for the particular scholarship or bursary; and
- the purpose of the scholarship – how it will advance the education of the applicant if they were to be successful.
Please note that eligibility for a particular scholarship or bursary does not guarantee the award of the scholarship or bursary.
The scholarships and bursaries on offer may vary from year to year. The Parramatta Marist Old Boys Union Scholarship Fund is not obliged to award every scholarship or bursary offered in a particular year.
What is the difference between a scholarship and a bursary?
These days the terms scholarship and bursary are loosely interchangeable in everyday language. To reduce confusion we regard a scholarship to be based on academic merit and equity or need. Whereas bursaries are primarily concerned with equity or financial need.
- For security and privacy purposes register on this website at the link below;
- Complete the online expression of interest form on this website
- Your expression of interest will be assessed by the Scholarship Fund Committee which will exercise its discretion to select a number of those who submitted expressions of interest who will be provided with further information and invited to submit a formal application for a scholarship or bursary.
- These applications will be assessed and the Committee will exercise its discretion to award the respective scholarships and bursaries.
The Scholarships and Bursaries currently on offer:
Barry McCleary Scholarships
These scholarships were established through the beneficence of Barry McCleary, Class of 1967. There are a number of scholarships on offer based on both merit and ability and/or equity. Applications for these scholarships are open to any school age Australian citizen or permanent resident seeking to be or being educated at Parramatta Marist High.
These bursaries were established through the beneficence of Mark Bainey, Class of 2011. Multiple bursaries on offer for students suffering from hardship. Applications for these scholarships are open to any school age Australian citizen or permanent resident seeking to be or being educated at Parramatta Marist High.
Registration of Expression of Interest